Are you ever in the mood for something sweet but don’t feel like baking a cake or a batch of cookies? Then this is the recipe for you! Yes it does require the oven, but just for a few minutes. This is such a quick little treat that I guarantee you’ll love. My husband took almost the entire tray to work and he didn’t bring back one!
I mean who doesn’t love a graham cracker number one? But a graham cracker covered in butter and sugar and topped with chocolate and toffee bits? Come on, right?!
This a great treat to make for all of those out there who are a little afraid to enter the baking world. It’s so simple and can be easily customizable to flavors that you enjoy.
This graham cracker toffee is a recipe you have got to try! If you love graham crackers as much as I do check out my recipe for graham cracker bark, which is totally customizable too. The graham cracker bark is great little treat to have the kiddos help!
All you need to make this delicious graham cracker toffee is:
Honey graham crackers – butter – brown sugar – chocolate chips – toffee bits
That’s it. Super simple.
Preheat your oven to 350. Lightly grease a 13×9 and line the bottom with graham crackers. If you have to break a few and overlap them a bit to get the pan covered, don’t worry about it – I had to.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add in the brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a low boil, just above a simmer, and let boil for five minutes, stirring constantly.
Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the graham crackers and spread it around so it’s in an even layer. Bake for 8 minutes.
Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips (I like to use mini choclate chips, they melt faster), put the tray back in the oven just for a minute. Spread the choclate into a even layer with a spatula. Sprinkle with the toffee bits.
Let cool completely before placing in the refrigerator for atleast thirty minutes. The graham cracker toffee is easier to cut when it’s chilled. I like to leave mine in the fridge longer because then I just break up the graham cracker toffee into random pieces. That’s how I like it!
- 1 sleeve of honey graham crackers (9 full cracker sheets)
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1-1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 pan and cover the bottom with the graham crackers.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat melt the butter. Once melted add in the brown sugar. Bring the mixture up to a low boil and boil for 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the graham crackers, spread the mixture out with a spatula so the graham crackers are evenly coated, and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the butter and sugar and place back in the oven for 1 minute. Spread the chocolate out into an even layer. Sprinkle with the toffee bits.
- Let cool completely before placing the tray into the refrigerator. Let the bars chill for at least 30 minutes before cutting.