Yes you read that correctly. These chocolate chip cookies are perfect every time! You’ve got to try these!
I came up with this recipe when I just started playing with the ratios of ingredients that you normally see in a chocolate chip cookie and these were my result. I don’t know what it is about these chocolate chip cookies but they are absolutely delicious! They are moist and chewy and soft and all the good things you want in the perfect chocolate chip cookie.
I’ve made these bad boys several times and I’ve used this recipe to create other deliciously perfect sweet treats. I’ll make sure to share those with you soon!
I think that everyone needs to have their version of the perfect chocolate chip cookie saved in their back pocket. I mean you can’t go wrong with a chocolate chip cookie. Who doesn’t like them anyway?! They are perfect to hide in your kiddos lunch boxes, perfect to make for a birthday party because you usually get at least three dozen out of most recipes. Perfect to bring to someone’s house, perfect wrapped up with a pretty bow for a holiday gift. I can keep going but I think you get the idea. You’ve just really got to try these out. I promise you wont be disappointed.
Ingredients are simple!
All-purpose flour – whole-wheat flour – baking soda – baking powder – salt – butter – brown sugar – granulated sugar – vanilla extract – eggs – chocolate chips
You make these just the same as you do most cookies. Mix the dry ingredients together. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars then add in the vanilla and eggs. Slowly beat in the dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Bake and done!
Side note – I like to use mini chocolate chips in my cookies, only because it looks like there is a lot more chocolate in each cookie! You can use any kind of chip or chunk you like!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In medium bowl combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add in the vanilla extract and eggs and beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture beating on low until the flour is just incorporated into the batter.
- Using a spatula or spoon stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, place the dough onto parchment lined baking sheets about two inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- If you don't have whole-wheat flour you can use all-purpose flour.
- For a crunchier cookie increase the bake time by a minute or two.