Let me just start out by saying that you NEED to go buy a donut pan. I’ve been eyeing them up at the store for weeks now and I finally bought one and I’m so mad that I waited so long! I didn’t think I’d be able to recreate donuts at home, but I was so wrong.
Before you get discouraged believe me when I say that these chocolate chip donuts are one of the easiest things I’ve ever made. No mixer needed! I like to call those nap time sweet treats. Anything that I can bake during nap time that offers a zero chance of waking my little one up early is amazing!
These donuts literally take two minutes to mix up the ingredients together and no more than eight minutes in the oven. You can totally make these in the morning and surprise your family before work and school. No need to even glaze the donuts. Just make the glaze and have your family dip those donuts right into the bowl, while they are still hot. Your kids will love it!
This recipe only makes six donuts which makes me love it even more. I’m constantly baking and my kitchen is always full of cookies and cakes and I can’t always pawn four dozen cookies off on my husband to take to work, and have you ever tried to package up a cake to be taken to a construction site?! Not the easiest thing! So this recipe only making six donuts is perfect. No leftovers! Now if you are making these for a crowd you can absolutely double or triple the recipe to get the amount that you need. These would make a great addition to a brunch table or a holiday breakfast. Or just because!
This is another one of those recipes that is great for the kids to help with. Just always make sure they are given age appropriate tasks. If it gets a little messy so what, the kiddos are just making memories. And if a few extra chocolate chips make into the bowl, oh well!
All you need is a whisk and two bowls. You whisk together the dry ingredients in one bowl. Whisk together the wet ingredients in another. Combine the two. Stir in the chocolate chips and divide the batter into the donut pan. Two minutes and you’re done.
I hope you give these chocolate chip donuts a try. I guarantee that this recipe will become a staple in your home.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the milk, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a zip top bag and snip the corner, evenly distribute the batter in the donut pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6-8 minutes until the donuts are just ligtly browned.
- Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out the donuts on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Wait for the donuts to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze combine the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk and stir until no lumps remain.
- Dip the donut in the glaze and sprinkle with a few extra chocolate chips.
- If the glaze is too think add a little more milk. If the glaze is too thin add a little more powdered sugar.