These funfetti cake batter cookies are the perfect cookie to put a smile on a child’s face. Or my face for that matter! I’ve never met a child who doesn’t love sprinkles! I know I did growing up. I can remember requesting that my mom make funfetti cupcakes on my birthday for me to bring to school. Always a hit! They’ll be a hit always and forever for every child, at least I think so.
If you’ve never tried making cookies from a box of cake mix you really need to give it a try. Number one they are super easy. Number two they are super soft and delicious. Number three I add cream cheese, and we all know that cream cheese makes everything better! If you love cream cheese as much as I do then I think I’ve got your attention now.
Did I mention that I add cream cheese?
Aren’t these cookies just so cute?! They’d make the perfect addition to any sweet treat table at a birthday party.
The perfect cookie in just mere minutes!
I’m a huge advocate for doing everything yourself for a party. From making the decorations, to cooking all the food myself and of course making all the desserts. Some of you may think I’m crazy but that’s the way my mom did it, so that’s the way I do it. I may go a little more overboard than my mom did when we were growing up but I get such satisfaction in doing it all myself. Yes it’s a ton of work, but I love it and I’m sure I’ll just keep getting more crazy! With that being said, it’s always nice to have a recipe in your back pocket that is simple to put together and you don’t even have to think about it because you’ve made it so many times. This is one of those recipes. Like I said before mere minutes from start to finish, and um hello we’re using a box of cake mix! Easy peasy!
Give it a try! You’ll be making these all the time.
- 1 18.25 oz. box French vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a electric mixer cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Add the cake mix and beat until just incorporated.
- Stir in the sprinkles.
- Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Cookies will look a little under baked, let them sit on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.