It’s almost the end of January so what does that mean? Super Bowl time! Football, football, football for many of you and for the rest of us it’s food, food and more food. I mean really right?! Not everyone likes football, but everyone loves food! Super Bowl is another excuse to have a party and serve (or eat) a bunch of food you don’t normally eat.
Wings, sliders, meatballs, pizza and dips galore usually all make an appearance on Super Bowl. I’ve got the perfect dip for you! What could be easier than tossing some simple ingredients into a slow cooker and forgetting about it for two hours and when those two hours are up you have a delicious dip?!
Spinach and artichoke is always a crowd pleaser. It’s one of my favorites! I can’t even tell you how many times Chris and I ordered it at a restaurant while we were dating! Now I just make it at home since dating was two kids and four years ago! We hardly ever go out to dinner anymore, Chris and I just love to be at home with our kids and cook together!
Back to the Super Bowl though. Dips are crazy easy to make and everyone loves a good dip. If you’re having people over to watch the Super Bowl keep the menu simple, I mean it’s not like Thanksgiving or anything. Have a bowl of this Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip made. This recipe can be easily doubled if you are having a large crowd. Try out my Spicy Shredded Chicken Dip , or maybe Bruschetta , how about Roasted Tomato Salsa to go along with it? You’ll need something to please those with a sweet tooth too, my Saucepan Brownies are super easy to make and are always a crowd pleaser. Graham Cracker Toffee is another super easy and delicious treat for your Super Bowl party!
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened and cut into cubes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 - 14 oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1 - 10oz. package frozen spinach, defrosted and water squeezed out
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cayenne pepper, just a pinch
- Combine all ingredients except the salt and pepper into your slow cooker and stir well.
- Set you slow cooker for two hours on low.
- After the two hours stir the dip well and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite dippers.
- I like to serve mine with crusty French bread, tortilla chips and veggies.
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator. Dip reheats well in the microwave.