Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are a Valentines Day must! Well they’re a must any time of the year for me! They are so easy to make, they always look pretty, and they always satisfy my sweet tooth. I have way too big of a sweeth tooth by the way. I’d rather eat a bowl of ice cream instead of dinner!
I told you a couple of posts back that I saw delicious looking berries at the store that just also happened to be on sale and they inspired me! Well for whatever reason my grocery stores are stocking berries like crazy! Last week I got four pounds of strawberries for five bucks! I mean come on! Chris came home and opened the fridge and just looked at me. 😂 So I just had to make some chocolate covered strawberries! I always have all sorts of chocolate and chocolate chips stashed away in the pantry so I was ready to go.
Seriously though you should see what’s in my stash of chocolate and chocolate chips and nuts and any other kind of mix-in you can think of! I need to be prepared for when the mood to bake strikes me! Honestly though that mood never goes away!
So I made these over the weekend while both my kids were asleep and Chris was working on his latest project (I’ll start to share some of his projects with you soon). When I finished dipping and drizzling the strawberries I ran them downstairs to pop them in the fridge to set, because the fridge in my kitchen never has any room. Anyway I hit the bottom step and I almost dropped all the strawberries.
Here’s why. Do any of you with younger kids have any of the puzzles that make noise? We have a few, one is zoo animals. So when you put the animal puzzle piece it’s in place the puzzle makes the sounds of that animal. Super cute. Well these puzzles have a mind of there own! Apparently we didn’t put the puzzle pieces back in the puzzle when we were done playing with them and when I walked down the stairs I wasn’t expecting to hear an elephant! Holy smokes did I jump!
You would think that I would have put the puzzles away then. But no, I was in a hurry to get my mess in the kitchen cleaned up so I could get my pictures taken before my kids woke up and I lost all the sunlight.
So I run back upstairs to clean, when I’m done I run back downstairs to grab the strawberries, and this time a lion roars at me! I go back up to take my photos and then run the strawberries back downstairs to the fridge. That time I’m greeted with the sound of a zebra, not sure how I would describe the sound of a zebra it but it was the zebra.
I don’t understand how just walking past the puzzles makes the sound go off but sometimes when we are actually playing with the puzzles they way you are supposed to the sound doesn’t work. What the heck! They make noise when I turn the lights on and off too! I just don’t get it!
Anyway, treat your special someone to some Chocolate Dipped Strawberries this Valentines Day! Or better yet, make a nice dinner and make the strawberries together! They only take a few minutes and the chocolate sets up really quickly in the fridge.
- 8 oz. semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 4 oz. white baking chocolate
- 1- 2 pounds of strawberries
- Chop the semi-sweet chocolate into small pieces. Place 3/4 into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals at 50% power. Stirring well after every 30 seconds. When almost all the chocolate is melted add the remaining 1/4 of the chocolate and stir well until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Dip your strawberries. shake off the excess chocolate and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- When you have finished dipping the strawberries melt the white chocolate the same way as the semi-sweet.
- Drizzle the white chocolate over the strawberries and place in the fridge to set.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- Depending on the size of your strawberries you may have more or less than I did.
- Melt less chocolate if you only want to make a few.