Can I just say that this is the third batch of this particular party mix I’ve made in the last few weeks. Why you ask? It’s so gosh darn good, it didn’t last long enough the first two times for me to take any pictures! Someone kept stealing all the pretzels and another someone kept stealing all the bagel chips! It may have been the two boys who live here!
Homemade party mix is so fun to make. You can really do whatever you want with it. Everyone has their favorite bits in the bagged party mixes we get from the store, so why not just make it yourself and add in more of your favorite parts!
You’ve got your usual party mix suspects here. Rice Chex, wheat Chex, corn Chex, pretzels and bagel chips are all accounted for. I like to invite Multi Grain Cheerios to the party too. I just like the little extra nuttiness that they give.
I just recently started making my own party mix at home. It was no secret that there were always few bags of the store bought stuff in my pantry. I am kind of a fan.
I got inspired when we were at Chris’s moms house. I don’t remember what the occasion was, but she had a big bowl of homemade party mix on the counter and we were all grabbing handfuls every time we walked thru the kitchen. It was really good! So I told myself to start coming up with some new flavors.
This Onion Party Mix was the first combination of flavors I tried and it totally works! Second flavor combination not so much. Don’t get me wrong, it was good I mean we ate it all! It just wasn’t great. I’m still working on that one.
So next time you’re having a party or you just need something new to put in your kid’s lunchbox give this Onion Party Mix a try. It’s sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 - 1oz. Package of Onion Soup and Dip Mix
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- 2 cups garlic roasted bagel chips
- 2 cups Multi Grain Cheerios
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl combine the pretzels, bagel chips, Cheerios and Chex cereals and mix.
- Melt mutter in a small saucepan or a microwave safe bowl. Add the seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion mix. Mix well to combine.
- Pour half of the butter mixture over the cereal mixture and mix well. Pour in the remaining butter mixture and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture onto a baking sheet(s) and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.