We’re making chocolate chip cookies today, and I actually remembered to take the butter out of the freezer. I am the worst at that. I love baking, but I never seem to remember to take the butter out and let it get soft. This time I did and I played around with the amount of each ingredient in this recipe and the cookies came out perfect. My husband ate 16 cookies! In one day! I gave a bag of cookies to my sister and my brother-in-law ate them all. My sister didn’t even get to try one. These cookies are that good.
These would be great with nuts or even some dried cranberries. Those are always delicious in cookies. Dried cranberries and white chocolate chips? That sounds like a winner to me. I’ll make those next time and tell you how they are! Chocolate chip cookies crumbled over a bowl of ice cream? That sounds delicious. I just may have to try that tonight. How about drizzled with melted white chocolate? Yum!
This recipe would be perfect if you need to get something together for bake sale or for school tomorrow because one of your kiddos forgot to tell you that they have to bring a treat to school until right now. I did get 63 cookies out of this recipe.
This is a super easy no fuss cookie recipe. Here’s how I made them.
Combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
Cream the butter and two sugars together, until it looks like this deliciousness.
Add in the agave, vanilla and eggs and beat until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture, until the ingredients just come together.
Toss in the chocolate chips and stir them in by hand.
I could just eat this entire bowl of batter, but I wont. But seriously I could. Usually I leave enough dough in the bowl to make, oh I don’t know, maybe three more cookies. That’s what was “left in the bowl” for me have.
I used a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop and placed the cookie dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
After about 15 minutes this is what you get.
These cookies are so light and chewy I couldn’t resist myself. I ate a few right out of the oven. These cookies are slightly lighter in color than what at least I’m use to when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. That is because I used only baking powder, no baking soda. The baking powder makes for a lighter cookie.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. agave
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 11.5 oz. bag chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add in the agave, vanilla and eggs and beat until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by 2 teaspoons onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-15 minutes.
- I used milk chocolate chips - use your favorite chocolate chip.
- I used a two teaspoon cookie scoop - you can make larger cookies, just adjust the baking time.