I’ve never been a big fan of dark chocolate.
I’ve become a believer!
These dark chocolate pistachio oatmeal cookies have completely changed my mind.
I couldn’t stop eating these.
Seriously though, I think these cookies are so fantastic. They went over pretty well with all the guys and sometimes gals my husband works with too. That’s what I do. I bake and bake and bake and send my husband to work with a container full of some sort of treat and now I’m famous! Seriously! We were at a wedding for one of my husbands co-workers and all the guys that were there were telling me how much they love my treats! What a confidence booster!
I’m starting to get requests now. Oh and the guys are telling my husband which treats are their favorite. I’ve got to start writing these things down so I know what to send my husband to work with when he works with certain people. In reality though I’m sure a big group of manly construction workers will be happy with any sort of treat.
These cookies come together in no time at all. Here’s your shopping list.
butter – brown sugar – granulated sugar – vanilla extract – eggs – baking powder – baking soda – old-fashioned oats – dark chocolate – pistachios
This is just your basic oatmeal cookie jazzed up. The directions are the same.
Start by preheating the oven to 350.
Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
Cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Add the vanilla and eggs. Slowly add in the flour mixture.
Stir in the oats. Once combined stir in the dark chocolate and pistachios.
Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 12-14 minutes.
I like to use my 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop and I usually end up with about 3-1/2 dozen cookies.
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 stick plus 6 tbsp. softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 8 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
- 3/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar with an electric mixer.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, until just combined.
- Stir in the oats.
- Once the oats are incorporated stir in the chopped dark chocolate and chopped pistachios.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I like to use a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes.