No dessert is simpler than a no bake pie. I absolutely love baking. Everyone who knows me knows that, but yes there are days when I just don’t feel like bringing out the mixer and turning on the oven. Especially on those hot and humid summer days, turning the oven on for an hour to bake a pie is the last thing I want to do.
That’s why I love no bake pies!
Especially this no bake peanut butter pie.
We had friends over for dinner the day I made this pie and they told me it tasted just like a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, but super light and fluffy. I love desserts that are so NOT low calorie, like this no bake peanut butter pie, but they seem like they are because they are so light and fluffy!
If you really think about what goes into a no bake pie, you come to realize that the options are endlessly endless.
I think this is a great dessert to make with your kids. It just requires a few simple ingredients, no sharp objects and no oven, unless of course you make your own crust, but hey, that’s what store bought crusts are for!
This no bake peanut butter pie is a perfect recipe to make for all your upcoming summer cookouts. You can whip up a few of these in just a matter of minutes. They can be made first thing in the morning or even the night before. Once the filling makes it into the pie crust all you have to do is chill the pie for a few hours before serving.
I absolutely love how airy this no bake peanut butter pie is! Who knew cream cheese and peanut butter could almost, I said almost, be like a mousse?!
I mean just look at this!
I like to top my no bake peanut butter pie with whip cream because well, why not….and it looks pretty. I don’t stop there, I sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of that and then drizzle each piece of pie with some chocolate sauce because everyone can always use a little more chocolate.
You can make your own whip cream from scratch or you can use store bought. Either will work. I like to make my own because it is so simple and then you can control the sweetness and cater it to your tastebuds!
Get creative with the pie toppings!
Happy no bake pie making!
- 1 store bought chocolate pie crust
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 8 oz. whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Whip Cream (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Combine the softened cream cheese and peanut butter in a large bowl and mix on medium speed with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Using a spatula, fold in the thawed whipped topping until well combined.
- Pour the pie batter into the pie crust, cover and chill at least four hours before serving.
- Right before serving, top the pie with whipped cream, chocolate chips and chocolate sauce if desired.