We love soups and chilis over at my house. During the fall and winter I make soup probably twice a week if not more. Nothing is quite as satisfying as soup when it’s cold and wet outside. Especially for Chris when he’s working outside all day. Every time I make soup or chili I double or triple the recipe because then Chris has something warm for lunch for the next day. It helps too when my little guys asks for soup for lunch. I almost always have some on hand. My two year old loves soup!
This Spicy Slow Cooker Creamy White Chicken Chili is delicious! I make a version of this on the stovetop but I love to use my slow cooker. I use it all the time! It’s so easy to just toss in some ingredients and forget about it. I love the fact that it is impossible to overcook meat too!
This slow cooker chili has quite a few ingredients but nothing you can’t handle. All the ingredients just get tossed into the slow cooker and you can forget about it for 6 or 8 hours. The cream cheese and corn just get tossed into the mix during the last half hour. Chop up a few garnishes and dinner is served.
This white chicken chili isn’t overly spicy but if you aren’t a fan of any kind of spice you can leave out the canned chilis, or just use one can. Hot or mild canned chilis can be used if you like spice. I said earlier that I always double or triple soup recipes, but you can easily cut this recipe in half. I like to freeze soup too, that’s another reason I make so much. Most soups and chilis feeeze really well.
I like to garnish this white chicken chili with a little sour cream, sliced jalapeños, dived avocado and a few cilantro leaves. Sometime Chris and I add a few dashes of green pepper sauce.
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breast
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 48 oz. chicken stock
- 2 - 4.5 oz. cans diced chilis
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 poblano peppers, diced
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 - 15 oz. can cannellini beans
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- Lay the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, cumin, paprika and chili powder over the chicken.
- Add the chicken stock, diced chilis, onion, poblano peppers, and beans.
- Cover and turn slow cooker to low. Cook for 6-7 hours.
- When there is only a half hour of cook time left add the softened cream cheese and frozen corn. Cook on low for another thirty minutes.
- Garnish and serve.
- Cut the softened cream cheese into a few smaller cubes, it will melt into the chili faster.
- Use a good quality cream cheese, it really does make a difference.