I told you those berries inspired me! Mini cheesecakes, yum! Add a strawberry swirl, double yum! These look so delicious and man oh man are they fantastic. These really hit the spot!
Cheesecake is so simple to make and I don’t think I’ve met a person yet who doesn’t like cheesecake. So what are you waiting for? Bake up a batch of these delicious Mini Swirled Strawberry Cheesecakes! I’m telling ya, it’s easy!
First things first, graham cracker crust. Everyone and I mean everyone loves a graham cracker crust, and if you don’t I don’t want to be your friend! I’m just kidding! I’ll just change your mind and make you a graham cracker crust lovin’ cheesecake eating, who ever you are!
Graham cracker crust is just melted butter, sugar and crushed up graham crackers. You combine these three ingredients, press them into your prepared pan and bake it for a few minutes. See, I told you this was going to be easy! Keep reading!
The cheesecake is just cream cheese, sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla. If you’re like me, you always have all of these ingredients at the ready! All you’ve got to do is cream together the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with an electric mixer add in the eggs and vanilla and you’ve just made the cheesecake layer. I’m telling ya, cheesecake is not scary!
Side note – when you are baking make sure you are using a high quality cream cheese. It really does make a huge difference. Trust me, I’ve learned from experience. I’ve used store brand cream cheese in baked goods before and they just don’t work as well as the higher quality stuff. The store brand stuff is perfect for making a sauce or something like that, but for baking use the good stuff. The full fat cream cheese is always better for baking too.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the crust and all there is left to do is get the strawberry swirl ready and then bake.
To make the strawberry swirl all you need to do is toss the strawberries and a little sugar into a food processor and process until no chunks are left and it’s smooth, minus the strawberry seeds. Pour the mixture into a fine mesh strainer and work the mixture through until only the seeds are left in the strainer and you are left with a smooth strawberry sauce.
Decorate your cheesecake mixture with the strawberry sauce and toss those beauties into the oven. In less than 30 minutes you’ll have cheesecake!
- 7 full graham cracker sheets
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 - 8oz packages full fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 2-3 tbsp. sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line a muffin with paper liners, this recipe makes 14 mini Cheesecakes.
- Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs. You can also place the graham crackers in a zip top bag and crush them. Combine the crushed graham crackers, melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a bowl and mix.
- Evenly divide the graham cracker mixture among the paper liners and press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the liners.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer beat together the cream cheese and suagr until well combined. Add the sour cream and beat. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until well combined.
- Evenly divide the cheesecake mixture over the cooled crusts.
- Combine the strawberries and sugar into a food processor and process until smooth.
- **if your berries are very sweet add 2 tablespoons of sugar, if they are tart add three tablespoons of sugar**
- Pour the mixture into a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and work the strawberry sauce through the strainer until just the seeds remain and you are left with a smooth sauce in the bowl.
- Dot the sauce over the cheesecake and swirl the dots using a toothpick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 23-26 minutes. The cheesecakes will puff just slightly. Let the cheesecakes cool completely in the pan. Once cooled remove the cheesecakes from the pan and chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- All ovens vary. Begin checking your Cheesecakes at 20 minutes..